Friday, October 23, 2009

Baby Update

Hello Everyone! We finally have an update on our little family member! At our last appointment we had a fetal echo done. They found that the pulmonary artery going to the right is completely narrow. Which is good news for us. They were thinking it was both the arteries and if it had been we would have been headed for San Diego!

Anyway, they are going to monitor him for 24 -48 hours after he is born to see if he will need surgery (in some cases when the baby is born and takes on the full amount of blood it streches that artery on its own). Then they will look at his spinal cord and possibly untether it before we leave the hospital. His kidney will be monitored to make sure it is healthy, and as for is hemivertebra and his skull they will be the last things that they will deal with. But he is developing beautifully!

As for the rest of our lives, we are doing great! I just finished painting my house FINALLY! When all my furniture is where I want it to be I will post pictures! Luke went hunting and shot himself a beautiful elk, I have pictures of that also but it will have to wait until my furniture is in place to get them! Hope all is well!

3 comments:

SDLakerGurl said...

San Diego wouldn't be so bad... I can be your support system! But I am glad to hear the good news. Love ya, Cuzz!

Bar M U said...

If I weren't such a hermit I'd have been over to see the paint. Maybe I can swing by when I drive carpool by your house. Glad to hear the news about baby. We're praying for him.

Tyler and ShaeLee May said...

it's good to hear you be so upbeat! Let me know if you need to stay here! Hope it all goes well.