Friday, September 11, 2009

Finally some pictures!

Well I thought I would atleast put up some new pictures! We have been SO busy and time has past by before I realized! We are all doing well!
Anyway, I have an update about my little yet to be born child! He seems to be healthy, but he does have some problems that the doctors have said are livable and fixable. But before I go on let me feel you in with the details. When we went to find out what we were having they found some other things that looked concerning so they sent us to a specialist in Salt Lake City to take a better look. I had another US and a Fetal MRI. (The MRI just gave a clearer picture than the US did). On the US we found that he only has one kidney (which I found out is a hereditary thing and apparently I have an Uncle that was born with one kidney . . . . . who knew!) Anyway, he also has two cysts in his brain on the left and right side, which the doctor said is not that uncommon because they usually dissolve before the baby is born. They also found that his head appears to be already fused in the front suture! Which is fixable! Either they will have to crack his head open after he is born then put a helmet on to help shape his head or they might be able to just put the helmet on to apply pressure to the area to help shape it. We won't know until after the baby is born. And last but not least his back. At first they thought it was spina bifidah, which it is not, Thank Heavens! I don't remember the word for what it is called but in between his shoulders he has one disc that only developed half of the way. So, he has a slight kink in his back. I will have to have the doctor write the word down so I can give the correct terms! Anyway, all of these things separately are not of concern. What the doctors are concerned about is all of the problems put together! So, they are wanting me to deliver my baby at the University of Utah Hospital. That way they have the doctors there that will help my little man! Plus Primary Children's is across the road so there won't be a long way to travel if need be! Anyway, Luke and I feel good about everything and are excited for his arrival!
That pretty much sums up anything important going on in our lives at this time! My camera didn't let me down load all of my pictures so these will have to do for now! Hope all is well!

These are some of our friends that we hang out with! They are awesome! And we love to spend time with them and their family. We are also good friends with their son and his wife which is not pictured here because like I said my camera is a freak and didn't down load all my pictures!



This is a parade that Burley has each year at the beginning of the Fair! Wyatt loved it! And Rick had to sit on the ground with him cause you can't really tell but there is a slight slop up onto the grass and Wyatt keep falling down trying to get me his candy he collected. So, Rick sat down there and helped him!

Wyatt just showing us his happy self and excitement over the parade!

I spent some time up in Rexburg and went to Hadley's football game! He did really good! And Wyatt loves Hadley so he was excited when he finally found out which person in red was Hadley.

This is so that everyone can know why I can never find any of my shoes or Luke's for that matter! We had just got up for the day and was getting our teeth brushed and Wyatt was getting ready for his bath! When I found my running shoes on his feet!

4 comments:

Mike and Jenn said...

Seems like you guys have adjusted well living in the Burley area. Good luck with the remainder of your pregnancy and good luck with the delivery. Keep us updated!

The Shill Spill said...

Good luck with the delivery and such Brit! I hope that it goes well for you. I think it's cool that you'll be close to me. Is there anything we can do for you and your family while down this way? Please let us know!
Looks as though you stay quite busy. I hope you keep us up on what's going on. Take care!

Nachelle said...

When I hear things like this I am always so grateful for how amazing the medical field is...hope the rest of the pregnancy goes well! And congrats on boy #2, fun two little guys together!

Jodi said...

Sweet Brit, I hope everything goes well with the baby. If you need anything while you are here in Utah, give us a call and we will do what we can to help you out. Love ya