Friday, June 27, 2008

CALIFORNIA!!!

Hello all!! Sorry it has been sooo long. I wanted to wait until I got back from my vacation so I had pictures! I went with my sister Ginger and her friend Carrie to California for a week and it was soo fun! It was a much needed get away. We stayed at a State Park by Malibu. I must confess though that we stayed in tents and lets just say I am not much of a tent camper!!! Wyatt on the other hand did better than I did. After the first night I thought that it was going to be a very long week, but my sister was planning on my struggle and brought ear plugs and Tylenol PM!!!!!! Thank Heavens!!







This was on the drive to California! Wyatt did pretty good. He had some moments but not as many as I thought he would.




This was when we got to the hotel in St. George.



This is when we arrived at the camp site!! And I know you're thinking, "hmmm, that looks like the same shirt he wore on the car ride down" . . . . And it is!!!










These photos are of the first time on the beach!!! Wyatt HATES water, loves bath time, HATES water!!! He spent most of the time with my sister playing in the sand. At first he wouldn't get off the thing he is sitting on. Then he slowly worked his way to the sand and started to play!!












I must say that I love my son so much!! He definitely brings joy to my life!!! These photos just show that great personality that Wyatt has!!! He loves to try and help me sweep at home so when he saw me sweeping our tent he wanted to help!! So he went out and started sweeping up all the dirt outside our tent!! Then the last photo is him bright and early in the morning!!! He would look out and yell at my sister!






While I was there I had the opportunity to go through a session at the LA temple!! Let me just say that it is the biggest thing I have ever seen!! It was beautiful!!









On one of the days we went to the aquarium! Wyatt loved the fish. He even got to pet a shark! And I know you are wondering why I have a photo of a Monk but it has a story to go with it! We were watching a show and a lady that was with the monks was standing behind us. Well, when Wyatt gets tired he just starts giving everyone around kisses. The lady then leaned in for a kiss and Wyatt looked at her like she was an alien!! It was hilarious! She then took some pictures of us. She was very nice. The jelly fish are just pretty and I wanted to share with everyone.














That is the last of the photos!! On the way home I had to strip Wyatt down because it got sooo hot!! Well I hope you enjoyed all the pictures!!!

6 comments:

Lisah said...

It looks like so much fun Britt. Wyatt is soooo cute and such a good boy. I love his little personality too. I am sure you enjoyed that CA traffic.

Tyler and ShaeLee May said...

I can't believe that you came to California and didn't even see me! You're going to have to make another trip to come see me now. It's only fair. Love the pics. Looks like you had a blast. Wyatt is getting so big, what a QT! Glad you had fun. Come see me!

The Shill Spill said...

Looks like it took you about 3 hours to download all your pictures! But, nonetheless, I love seeing ALL of them! :) Thanks so much for sharing! I LOVE the one of him looking out the tent! Sooooo CUTE! :) How's Ginger!? So good to see a picture of her! What happened to her foot/leg? Tell her hi for me, will ya?
So glad to see a new post! What a nice vacation! I think I need one of those...without my kids! :)

McArthurs said...

Brit that's sweet that you got to go to Cali. Your trip looked way fun. Camping in a park huh? Your crazy! Haha Remember our campout at the sand dunes? Me and Had still talk about that night. Oh my gosh Wyatt is getting so big. Holy cow! K, well the dates that i'll be home (I'm pretty sure i already told you this but i'll tell you again) are July 11th-August 3rd, so we need to plan somethin. Go put it on your calendar right now. Seriously, GO!

Harper said...

You have one adorable little boy!

Jillian said...

Hey! Just found your blog! Cute son. Amazing how time flies, eh?